Why Invest in Baton Rouge Real Estate?
As the capital of Louisiana, Baton Rouge is considered the political hub for the state with other major industries in petrochemical, medical, research, and technology. These industries employ the over 228,000 population with an unemployment rate of 4.50%, which is below the national average. The healthy job growth in companies like the State of Louisiana, ExxonMobil, Turner Industries, and Louisiana State University aid in supporting the health of the economy and supply of renters.
Baton Rouge is considered one of the most consistent investment markets in the nation, as the local housing market is less likely to be affected by swings in economic fluctuations. Even during the Great Recession, home prices in Baton Rouge remained stable. With a median home price value of above $160,000 and median gross rent above $780, Baton Rouge represents a stable market for those looking to invest in real estate.
Investment Considerations for Baton Rouge Real Estate
There are a number of factors to consider, including:
- Named the 9th best place in the country to start a new business (CNN 2009)
- Top Ten Places for Young Adults by Portfolio Magazine (2010).
- ExxonMobil’s Baton Rouge refinery is the 4th largest in the country
- The average one-way commute time is 22 minutes which is below the national average by 13%
- Voted as one of the top twenty cities nationally for economic strength (Brookings)
HomeUnion® is the leader in residential real estate investment. With the use of big data and machine learning, we analyze information on millions of single family homes in Baton Rouge, LA; and across the United States and calculate home values RENTestimate for every property in Baton Rouge. If you’re looking for the best investment properties across the country, visit our comprehensive investment site.