Why Invest in Birmingham Real Estate?
As the largest city in Alabama, Birmingham is also one of the biggest commercial banking centers in the country as well and home to numerous colleges such as University of Alabama, Samford University, Cumberland Law School, and Miles College. In addition to education, the steel industry has played a large part in the economy, and the downtown skyline is comprised of the Wells Fargo Tower, Federal Building, AT&T City Center and many others. With a culture built on hard work, economic progress, and family, Birmingham is a proud American city.
Investment Considerations for Birmingham Real Estate
There are a number of factors to consider, including:
- Named “Magic City” due to its fast population growth during the height of the nation’s manufacturing age
- 48th in population among the nation’s top 300 metropolitan areas (City of Birmingham Website)
- Largest city in the state of Alabama
- Consistently rated as one of America’s best places to work and earn a living based on the area’s competitive salary rates and relatively low living expenses (Under30ceo.com)
- Jefferson County IB School is in top 25 “America’s Best High Schools” (Newsweek 2011)
- One of the largest banking centers in the U.S (Wikipedia)
- The city is investing over $1 billion to revitalize the downtown area into a 24-hour mixed-use entertainment district (Downtownbatonrouge.org)
- The city is home to “the Oscars of dining” winner from James Beard Foundation (Birmingham Visitor’s Center)
HomeUnion® is the leader in residential real estate investment. With the use of big data and machine learning, we analyze information on millions of single family homes in Birmingham, AL; and across the United States and calculate home values RENTestimate for every property in Birmingham. If you’re looking for the best investment properties across the country, visit our comprehensive investment site.