Change the Future of Real Estate Investing
HomeUnion is a Real Estate Investment Management firm that has pioneered a stock market-like flexibility for the investment of real estate. The company offers an end-to-end comprehensive solution of property selection, acquisition, management, and sales; enabling real estate investors access to a first of its kind, hands-free investing experience. The company uses a combination of local real estate professionals and data-driven proprietary analytics, evaluating over 120M homes and 200,000 neighborhoods. HomeUnion delivers its solutions to an on-the-ground infrastructure currently serving 21 locations and expanding rapidly across the country.
Here are just some of the many benefits that come with being part of HomeUnion:
Generous benefits plan
Company holidays, PTO, and sick days
Catered breakfast every Friday
Comfortable work environment
Beautiful Irvine location
Work with a talented team of success-driven individuals
Do you have what it takes to be part of the HomeUnion team?
As a unique real estate investment company, we are looking for the best and brightest to help us change the way people invest in real estate. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HomeUnion is growing rapidly and is seeking to hire top talent to help fuel its growth.
Inside Sales Manager (Irvine)
The Inside Sales Manager will be creating customized real estate investments to investors via phone utilizing our proprietary technology without cold calling. We are recruiting for multiple positions.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Utilize a consultative sales approach based on the client’s personal preferences and risk tolerances by comparing and evaluating various investment options for the customer to consider
- Perform effective online demos to prospects
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Liaise with Investment Location Managers (Field Real Estate Agents) to link specific properties and markets of interest to clients
- Utilize CRM to schedule follow-up calls, organize activities and pipeline
- Consistently keep up strong call volume and call times to continually grow and maintain pipeline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, B.A./B.S. preferred
- Experience in sales, ideally with B2C financial services products
- Track record of consistently performing above quota, preferably in the top 15%
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Strong computer skills, including use of customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience in a high call volume environment highly desired
- Ability to clearly and intelligently communicate complex processes in a simplified, easy-to-understand manner
- Ability and desire to work in a, fast-paced, entrepreneurial, fast growth multidisciplinary environment
- Self-starter, sets aggressive goals, driven to succeed, focused on productivity
- Passionate about customer delight and quality obsessed, but in a good way
- General understanding of online advertising and the real estate transaction process is preferred
- Real Estate license preferred
Yardi Administrator (Irvine)
The Yardi Administrator will be well versed in providing overall support and implementation for Yardi Voyager 7 SaaS or similar accounting, ERP or property management software. You will maintain the system, upgrades, and provide analysis and expertise in implementing new modules and functionalities that meet business needs. As the central SaaS system for our property managers onsite and remote, you will be the point of contact for any critical issues, escalations and improvements that will allow our property management team to be more efficient and enable sound business decisions.
- Provide support of Yardi Voyager 7 SaaS including core residential and financial modules, including but not limited to Payment Processing, Single Family Homes, and Resident Screening
- Maintain all aspects of the system including creating, modifying, and maintaining user settings, profiles, custom menu sets, account trees, lists, and modules
- Provide Level 2 support to property managers and accounting managers onsite and remote
- Escalate critical issues to Yardi technical support, open and monitor support cases, act as the technical SPOC, monitor progress and follow up regularly to drive timely resolution
- Test and lead testing efforts related to new functionality, new modules, and upgrades to existing modules including creating test plans, test cases and working to ensure a rigorous UAT process is followed by department managers
- Become knowledgeable with company-specific property management and accounting business processes and needs; continually look for ways to leverage system capabilities to improve efficiency through workflow, automation, and process improvement
- Partner with engineering to leverage existing ETL capabilities and identify opportunities and technologies to improve integration with internal systems
- Create ad-hoc and regular custom reporting as needed
- 2+ years administering and supporting Yardi Voyager 7 SaaS core residential and ancillary modules or equivalent
- Accounting, ERP, or Property Management software or SaaS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Computer Science, or equivalent work related experience
- Strong SQL skills with ability to write custom scripts and reports including working knowledge of Yardi scripting and report types (SSRS, YSR).
- Working knowledge of SQL Server databases, Yardi DB schema and running updates
- Proficient in providing end user support in accounting, property management and marketing
- Proven experience in administering RentCafé or equivalent portals/corporate sites
- General knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, property management processes
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical users at all levels
- Meticulous attention to detail and high ownership
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment with multiple deadlines
Regional Asset Manager
We are looking for a dynamic and seasoned Regional Asset Manager with solid property management experience and previous experience managing third-party property managers. In this role, you will be responsible for the property management oversight of HomeUnion’s portfolio of investment properties. This requires execution of HomeUnion’s strategy related to the property management operations by implementing the policies, procedures, and practices that enable each property to meet and exceed budgeted financial goals and achieve operational objectives.
- Assist in the due diligence and underwriting of potential acquisitions, including vetting of new third-party management firms.
- Manage third-party managers to ensure the appearance and functionality of the properties meet company standards. As well as coordinating work activities and services from vendors, consultants and other contractors.
- Monitor and identify opportunities to increase income and/or reduce expenses such as managing utility expenses, optimizing rental rates, increasing recoveries from residents, etc.
- Analyze rental activity metrics including traffic, move-ins, move-outs, rentals, notices, and close ratios to ensure requirements are met and provide additional training as necessary.
- Effectively communicate financial and operational performance of properties to investors and respond quickly, with urgency to questions, concerns and complaints.
- Proactive development of market knowledge and date to understand and provide analyses to illustrate how company assets compare to the competition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in property management including oversight of regional or national property managers.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal fair housing and landlord/tenant regulations.
- Experience using Property Management Software (Yardi, Propertyware, etc)
- Must have demonstrated leadership background with strong professional development and performance management experience.