Why Invest in Cupertino, CA Real Estate?
Cupertino is famous for its state-of-the-art educational institutions, Silicon Valley location, well-established infrastructure, picturesque parks, as well as for being the home of Apple. With a population nearing 61,000 residents, the city attracts a steady influx of young professionals and families with children. Therefore, it's pretty easy for real estate investors to achieve a solid income.
Taking into account that it’s a relatively small city, Cupertino's economy is fast developing, supporting key industries like professional, scientific and technical services. Since these are mostly high-paying sectors, the city doesn’t lack homebuyers and renters with significant disposable incomes.
Although Cupertino's real estate market has been among the most expensive in the country, it's currently showing signs of cooling down. This offers various opportunities for real estate investors who own single-family homes, townhouses, and condos.
Investment Considerations for Cupertino Real Estate
There are a number of factors to consider, including:
- High rental demand - As the population is steadily increasing, so is the rental demand. More and more families with children and young professionals are settling in Cupertino thanks to the city's convenient location, top-notch education system, leisure ops, and a strong economy. In order to accommodate this demand, the area got a huge, new living complex complete with all the accompanying amenities. It soon became the home of the even bigger Apple Park, a campus that’s now the place of work for 12,000 people. This ongoing trend indicates plenty of opportunities for real estate investors who can choose from plenty of potential tenants.
- Rent growth - Regarding rent prices, it has been estimated that Cupertino real estate is twice as expensive as it was in 2011. Even if this makes it a seller's market, there are enough windows of opportunity for real estate investors, who can enjoy high returns on their investments. Taking into account the high appreciation rate of 5.6%, the average rental income of $3,782, and the cash on cash return of 0.30%, investing in rental properties in Cupertino certainly pays off.
- Population shifts - The population growth rate shows that there are more and more people lining up to buy and rent homes. A large percentage of them is working in the technology industry, namely professionals from the Silicon Valley in search of less expensive places to live, which makes for a wealthy group of homebuyers and renters. Hence, real estate investors in single-family homes can find buyers and tenants who afford to pay their rent on time.
- Popularity living destination - Cupertino is still quite affordable when compared to the rest of Silicon Valley. Plus, public schools like Cupertino High School, Monta Vista High School, and C. B. Eaton Elementary School are highly appreciated and boast extremely high API scores. Companies such as Apple, Infosys, Seagate Technology, Amazon Lab126, and Trend Micro are headquartered in the city, generate revenue, and add new jobs. As a result, the area has seen a 3.3% job market growth in 2017 and its unemployment rate of 2.7% is lower than the 5.2% national average. Thus, real estate investors can easily benefit from the city's popularity and enjoy a positive cash flow likelihood.
What are the best neighborhoods to invest in Cupertino
- Regarding top neighborhoods, Cupertino Hills boasts many luxury properties which seem to be going faster than entry-level homes. Their prices are peaking, thus making the area a potentially good real estate investment opportunity. Overall, the entire city is growing quickly and has a stable economy, which offers a plethora of real estate investors.
HomeUnion® is the leader in residential real estate investment. With the use of big data and machine learning, we analyze information on millions of single family homes in Cupertino, CA; and across the United States and calculate home values RENTestimate for every property in Cupertino. If you’re looking for the best investment properties across the country, visit our comprehensive investment site.