Houston Investment Properties
Why Invest in Houston, TX
Houston is the largest city in Texas, and the 4th largest city in the US (according to the US Census). It is located in Harris County, Texas, on the eastern side of the state, and is home to many centers of industry, including the Port of Houston, which handles the 2nd most cargo tonnage in the US each year. It is also home to the Texas Medical Center and NASA’S Johnson Space Center. Since the recession, Houston has lead the nation in job recovery, beating all other major metros in the U.S, with the most growth happening in the Mining and Logging, Construction, and Leisure and Hospitality. There has also been a huge increase in jobs in the Engineering sector, second only to Silicon Valley. It is this diverse work force that will keep Houston’s economy strong, and continue to make it a place where many people want to live.
- With 2.3 million residents, it is the largest city in Texas, and 4th largest in the U.S.
- Average income for a 4 person household to live comfortably is $68,856 (Houston Chronicle)
- In top 10 on Milken Institute’s list of Best-Performing Cities – has a strong job creation and sustainability
- Booming energy sector contributes to job gains (Milken Institute)
- In top 10 best cities for young entrepreneurs (Forbes)
- 24 Fortune 500 companies headquartered in Houston, including ConocoPhillips, Spectra Energy, and Sysco
- #21 in top 25 Best Cities and Neighborhoods for Millennials (Forbes)
- #10 on Forbes list of America’s Fastest-Growing Cities 2014 (Forbes)