Why Invest in Thousand Oaks, CA Real Estate?
With a relaxed atmosphere, idyllic climate, eye-catching mountain views, lively shopping centers, and some of the best universities in the Western United States, Thousand Oaks offers a broad range of opportunities for real estate investors. Its proximity to Greater Los Angeles and fairly stable home prices are some of the major drivers of the city's real estate scene. As an increasing number of students and families with children are looking for an affordable, safe place that offers access to first-class education and healthcare facilities, Thousand Oaks is frequently among the first choices. For real estate investors, this translates into an enhanced likelihood to achieve steady rental incomes.
Boasting a healthy economy, thousand Oaks hosts more than 128,000 residents and is home to many high-profile private employers. The city's largest industries include healthcare, education, biotechnology, and manufacturing.
Thousand Oaks' strong real estate market has been getting an increasing amount of attention lately. Occupancy rates are steadily growing while the city adds more properties; this shows promise in terms of real estate investment.
Investment Considerations for Thousand Oaks Real Estate
There are a number of factors to consider, including:
- Low Vacancy Rates- Residential properties have a very low vacancy rate of only 1.6%. The percentage stays low for commercial properties, with 4.6% for retail and 1.6% for industrial units, while office buildings have a 12.3% vacancy rate. This indicates that real estate investors in rental properties can benefit from the high rental demand and low vacancy rates, especially in the case of single-family homes.
- Job Market Growth - Thousand Oaks is home to 25 of the largest private employers in the tri-county area. As a matter of fact, one of the largest biotech companies in the world, Amgen, is located in the city's Newbury Park. Teledyne Technologies and SAGE Publications are other examples of firms having their roots in Thousand Oaks. With a significant percentage of its residents employed in high-paying sectors (such as Biotech, healthcare, and education) and an average household income of $136,400, Thousand Oaks was named by CBS the 7th wealthiest American city. In addition, the local job market has experienced a 0.4% increase in 2017. This attracts buyers and tenants to the area, which means that real estate investors can achieve a solid rental income and see a positive cash flow likelihood.
- Affordable entry price of homes - The city is renowned for its affordable and stable home prices, currently starting from approximately $560,000, which is lower compared to other nearby areas. The median home value is estimated at $698,300 and is predicted to grow by 2.1% in 2018. Home appreciation has gone up by 4.3% in 2017 and by 29.7% over the past decade. Plus, in 2018, a complex of nine individual commercial properties was built in Thousand Oaks. With plenty of large lots appropriate for industrial development, the city is the ideal location for such projects. Its real estate market is sure to benefit from both the recently built Conejo Spectrum and all future developments. Taking the pocket-friendly prices, home values, appreciation rate, and development into account, real estate investors in Thousand Oaks can get consistent returns on their property investments.
- Popularity as a living destination - Ranked by the FBI as the 4th safest place in the United States, Thousand Oaks is certainly a popular living destination. Moreover, the city is base to California Lutheran University which was rated as the 16th best university in the country. Schools like Glenwood Elementary School, Thousand Oaks High School, and La Reina High School are also highly appreciated. As a result, it attracts both students and families with children, which means a steady influx of new residents looking for a place to live.
What are the best neighborhoods to invest in Thousand Oaks?
- One of the top areas of Thousand Oaks is Lang Ranch, a series of gated properties that are on the high-end side of the spectrum. Another great neighborhood is Shadow Oaks, a hidden gem that, thanks to its quiet atmosphere and proximity to good schools, is sought-after by families with kids. However, considering the relatively low prices and an increasing demand for properties in the city, investing in any neighborhood is a wise option.
- Thousand Oaks is a fast-growing city, with a heated up real estate market and nice investment opportunities. Its ongoing development, low vacancy rates, and a strong job market make is a smart call for real estate investors.
HomeUnion® is the leader in residential real estate investment. With the use of big data and machine learning, we analyze information on millions of single family homes in Thousand Oaks, CA; and across the United States and calculate home values RENTestimate for every property in Thousand Oaks. If you’re looking for the best investment properties across the country, visit our comprehensive investment site.